Sunday, March 13, 2011

Soul's Reflections - Restless Soul

By: Shazia Yousuf



By: Shazia Yousuf

Standing alone, feet bathing in cool waves from the huge ocean that is stretched right in front of me.
My gaze fixed at the sea, as if in a trance, thoughts as deep as the ocean.

Staring at the waves making ripples, the ocean roaring so loud, yet it brings peace to the heart.

My heart is not here with me, it’s wandering, away from me, somewhere, where the sounds of the ocean reach, maybe the other end, where my heart actually belongs, where it rests in peace.

The soul is restless, there’s a desire burning, wanting to be where the heart is, desiring the union of the soul with the heart, wishing for the heart’s abode to be right next to it, wanting for it to travel all those miles, to be with the heart…wanting to drown in the ocean of Divine love, desiring to be where there is eternal peace…

1 comment: