Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Jar of Happiness


By: Shazia Yousuf

Last year, a friend posted a status on Facebook which read:


I found this idea quite interesting, however I did not quite remember to actually do this myself. The entire year passed and I had quite forgotten about it, but then on the 31st of December, that same friend posted an album, the caption of which said: "I opened my Happy Jar".

And suddenly I remembered her status at the beginning of the year!

Here are some of the pictures from her album that I thought worth sharing with my readers.

The Happiness Jar


The Happiness Jar - A closer look

 
Just removed the lid
 
 
The Happiness Jar is only half empty
 
 
Reminders of happy moments waiting to be unfolded
 
 
Finally all of the Happiness out from the jar
 
 
Stars from worksheets,
hearts from confetti from Dad's birthday,
beads from a broken yet a very special bracelet
 
Emptying the Jar of Happiness at the end of the year is a gentle way of reminding oneself of all the Happy Moments that the Divine being shoved our way, for we often take for granted the good that comes our way, and only tend to remember the things that are better forgotten.

Let's all make a conscious effort to remember and thank the Divine Being for filling our Jar of Happiness, because if we notice the jar is never left empty.
 

3 comments:

  1. That's a great Idea.. InshaAllah I will do it this year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful idea. I'm going to atleast try to do this :D

    ReplyDelete