Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day - Every Moment, Every Day

By: Shazia Yousuf

I can never forget that very special moment when I held you in my arms for the very first time. The warmth that I felt was something so different; the strange emotions that stirred in my heart were something I had never felt before. Looking into your sparkling eyes was a moment to cherish. That was the very first time I felt a unique bond, a strange sort of love. I had loved before, but this love was so very different. This love was the result of Motherhood! This was my “Happy Mother’s Moment”

Raising you was not easy. You would cry all night, and be hungry all the time. I would wonder if changing diapers and nursing you all through the night was all that was required to be a mother? But there were moments like when you called me “mama” for the first time, and when you slept through the night for the very first time, and the very first step that you took, and when you finished your food; these were some of the moments that made my days brighter than sunshine.
And then there were days when you started school, and would throw tantrums when I left you in your class. With the help of your teachers when I finally managed to send you off with a smile on your face, it gave me a sense of accomplishment. I felt like an awesome mom!
There were moments when you’d be naughty, and I would be stern and extremely strict, and very very angry! But pretty soon, you would do something that would make me forget everything and you would be my source of pride.
I would nag you for all of your bad habits and you also know I would do that forever, or at least till you get rid of them. But knowing that you respect deep down, all that I nag you about, my love for you never stops to grow. The efforts that you make towards improving yourself are enough for me to give me those happy moments. You give me hope, you give me strength. – This is all that a mother needs.
You are one of the best things that ever happened to me. I have found in you, a companion who keeps me occupied with every little thing that you need to discuss. By sharing your worries and concerns, and those little secrets, and by seeking my advice and thus giving me a warm abode in your heart, you have filled me with the abundance of genuine unconditional love. I need no Mothers’ Day to find out that you love me. Every day, every moment that you fill my heart with your warmth, I celebrate my “Happy Mother’s Moment”.

1 comment: